The K9 Tacoma Spine Roof Rack System is the next level for Eezi-Awn. It uses the same K9 Platform as their other roof rack systems, but now offers a unique single piece mounting system. This new “Spine” mounting system is a lot less complex to install, and takes less time.
Capacity of the K9 roof rack system is broken into two measurements, static weight and dynamic weight. Static is when the vehicle is stationary. Dynamic is when the vehicle is in motion. We have not tested the K9 racks on vehicles to the point of roof failure. We can tell you what we have tested ourselves effectively. A dynamic capacity in the range of 500 pounds is possible. A static capacity of 1000 pounds is possible. An example of static load increase would be adding people in the tent on the roof. Please understand these capacities are on vehicles that have modified suspensions designed to manage this amount of weight. They are not a warrantied or guaranteed capacity. Your load capacity will vary.
Installation of this rack system can be done by one person in approximately 1-1/2 hours. Help lifting the platform on the roof would be appreciated. You start by removing the factory roof rack, then attach the K9 Spine Mounting System to the roof, followed by the platform on top. Written instructions are also provided with each rack system.
The K9 Tacoma Spine Roof Rack System consists of a fully welded K9 platform, and the new Spine Mounting System, complete with all hardware.
The Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack System comes with a complete array of bolt on accessories. Jerry Can holders, Axe mounts, Shovel mounts, Hi-Lift Mounts, Max Trax Mounts, Awning Mounts, Under Rack Table mounts, and much more. Take a look at the accessories page to see all our options.
Thule & Yakima Compatible
The K9 Roof Rack is also the only overlanding rack on the market that is easily compatible with your existing Thule or Yakima sports bar mounts for bikes, kayaks, etc. With store-accessible 6mm hardware that attaches to the K9's perimeter, your hobbies won't become obsolete with your "old gear."
- Fully Welded 1-3/8"H Low-Profile Platform
- Lightweight All Aluminum Construction
- All Components Are Anodized And Powder Coated Matte Black
- 5-1/8" Wide M8 T-Slot Slats, Running Front to Back
- Semi-Elliptical Bottom Cross Braces To Reduce Wind Noise
- M6 T-Slot Around Top Perimeter With Rounded Top Edge
- Full Complement of K9 Roof Rack Accessories For Top/Bottom/Side Mount
- Infinite Gear Organization Configurations
- New Spine Single Piece Mounting System
- Includes All Installation Components & Hardware
- Platform: 1250mmW x 1400mmL (50”W x 55”L x 1.38”H)
- Height above cab: 4.25”
- Eezi-Awn Brochure
- Eezi-Awn K9 Tacoma Spine Roof Rack Installation Instructions (Coming Soon)
- Eezi-Awn K9 Tacoma Spine Roof Rack Installation Video (Coming Soon)